Monday, November 3, 2008

What's with the pinky?

Well, it all started when Chance and I were looking up some of our favorite verses on biblegateway.com. We came across Job 31:1 and we looked it up under different translations and we looked at the King James Version. It said, "I have made a covenant with mine eyes; why then shall I think upon a maid?" I know, we were laughing too. I never would've got "I have made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a girl" from that version. So it was just a running inside joke between me and him.

A couple days later, we decided to put up a pinky to give each other a laugh at school. Then it just evolved into us putting a pinky up to remind each other not to lust. It has worked great and it really helps.

You're probably thinking, "but why the pinky?" Well, you know why we couldn't do the middle finger...and we couldn't do the pointer finger because we would just be randomly pointing...we couldn't do the thumb because that's thumbs up...and we couldn't do the ring finger because that's just hard...so we went with the pinky. Actually, that's not the reason at all. I'm sure that everyone has heard of pinky swear; a covenant is like a promise, and so is pinky swearing. So, that's why we did the pinky...

Nathan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey thanks for the link!

I think what you are out to do here is really great! Keep it up brother. Blogging takes commitment and patience--I hope you have both, because in the process you could really help a lot of people dealing with lust etc. And you will probably get a lot out of it too--I know I have since I started blogging.

Welcome to the blogosphere my friend, I pray that you will stand faithfully for Christ in it!